Morning is not everyone’s favorite time of day, but it is mine! I feel strongly about having the right habits to start your day off on the right foot! I could talk about making your morning better all day long, but today I’m going to share my very favorite tip to make your mornings a bit better!
Do everything the night before!
And I mean everything! How frequently do you rush out the door in the morning with 10 things in your arms, your keys in your mouth, and your shoes half on? Does it seem like you are you running late every morning? I’ve realized that my morning routine is actually more about my evening routine!
Here are some ideas of things you can do the night before to make your morning smoother
- Lay out your clothes! On workout days I lay out both my workout clothes (down to socks and tennies) and the outfit I will put on after I workout
- Pack your purse
- Shower and Wash your hair, then curl or straighten your hair so that it is done in the morning
- Pack a lunch if you need to
- Fill up a water bottle to keep with you for the day (or bring to the gym) and put it in the fridge
- Throw snacks in your purse
- Prep your coffee maker
I usually do these things right when I finish my work day before dinner. The later it gets, the more tired I get, and the less likely I am to prep, so I like to do it early enough that I have no excuses!
How do you prepare for your mornings?